Students learn better in a well-managed classroom – a place where they see peers show respect for learning, respect for people, and respect for property. Learning is behavior-change. School and classroom behaviors can be taught just like any other subject.
The Metis Behavior Management Template is the core tool used to develop classroom and school procedures that include the
- Specifying of expected behaviors
- Development of informing strategies
- Teaching of the expected behavior through
- Detailing of needed set-up
- Planning of the implementation
The program’s goal is to prepare students to act in a self-regulated manner – demonstrate expected behaviors even absent the teacher. A well-managed classroom produces a civil environment in which to learn and provides more time for teaching and learning.